The course is intended to:
- Help student-teachers to acquire adequate knowledge and understanding of Science concepts that are needed to teach Science effectively at Lesotho Primary Schools.
- Assist student-teachers to design and conduct activities to illustrate science concepts.
- Develop in student teachers the skills, attitudes and interests which are necessary for the teaching and further study of Science.
- Raise awareness in student teachers of the need to care and preserve the environment which is directly or indirectly affected by the applications of Science and impact thereof.
- Raise awareness in student teachers that the study and applications of Science are within the confines of social, economical, technological, ethical, cultural influences and limitations.